Nationwide renews product placement deal
Nationwide Building Society has signed a six-figure deal to renew its product placement agreement for a Nationwide ATM to appear in ITV's Coronation Street.
Nationwide: in Coronation Street
The one-year extension follows research by ITV and Nielsen into Nationwide's initial three-month deal, which showed that seven out of ten viewers correctly recalled the brand the day after watching the programme.
Product placement has been allowed in UK-originated television programming since February last year, but it has not yet become a regular part of marketing plans and there have been few placements in peak-time entertainment shows.
The placement deal was negotiated between ITV Commercial and the Havas Media-owned agency MPG Media Contacts.
Andy McQueen, the marketing director at Nationwide, said: "Nationwide Building Society is pleased about the initial results of this product placement, and is happy to extend the relationship. It is really exciting to be in the vanguard of the product placement industry in the UK."
Nick Price, the head of content at MPG, said: "All of the research we have done has proved the placement works well for both the brand and the broadcaster. As pioneers of the first major primetime deal in the UK, we look forward to evolving and deepening the relationship over the coming year."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Planner Direct Recruitment Up to £50,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...