Optimum Nutrition aims for UK expansion with rugby sponsorship
Optimum Nutrition, the US sports nutrition brand, is aiming to expand its presence in the UK through a partnership with rugby and music festivals events RugbyRocks.
Optimum Nutrition: sponsors Irish rugby union star Rob Kearney
The brand, which has, since 2010, been looking to expand awareness in the UK market, will sponsor RugbyRocks' three UK festivals in London, Yorkshire and Edinburgh.
The Men's Open rugby 7s tournament will now be called the Optimum Nutrition Men's Open. Winning teams in both men's and women's competitions will also receive a year's worth of sponsorship from Optimum Nutrition.
Optimum Nutrition already sponsors athletes, including Irish rugby union star Rob Kearney and England 7s rugby player Chris Cracknell, as well as the Newcastle Falcons rugby team.
Sebastian Mullin, managing director EMEA at Optimum Nutrition, said: "The intense physicality of 7s means that good nutrition is key to a successful performance, and we look forward to helping the RugbyRocks players put in their best performance on the pitch and recover quickly and effectively off it."
RugbyRocks' other event partners include Puma, Jagermeister, Nando's, Fatboy and The Prostate Cancer Charity. The London event will take place on 26 and 27 May at Richmond Athletics Ground.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...