Molson Coors launches Animée campaign for 'crucial' female market
Molson Coors, the beer company and distributor behind Grolsch and Carling, has launched a below-the-line marketing drive for its Animée brand, said to target the "crucial" female sector, with sampling activity across supermarkets and a partnership with hair salon brand Toni & Guy.
Animée: Molson Coors unveils campaign aimed at female beer-drinkers
The brand launched in July last year as the brewer's first lager to specifically target female consumers. It is available in three varieties – standard, rosé and citrus.
Molson Coors has launched a 15-week experiential campaign created by Sense Marketing, to run alongside a four-week sampling campaign in Tesco stores across London, the South-East and the Midlands. This activity will then run in Morrison's stores in the same regions.
The activity uses the brand messaging, 'Hurray For Animée'. The experiential campaign will involve up to 400 bars across the UK being given Animée-themed makeovers, while digital work includes a new brand Facebook page.
Molson Coors has also partnered with hair salon brand Toni & Guy, to run the sampling campaign across 100 salons.
Kristy McCready, communications partner at Molson Coors, said: "The female market is crucial to the long term health of the UK beer industry. Animée is intended to repair beer's reputation among women by being sophisticated and feminine, without being patronising.
"This sampling gives us a great opportunity to introduce thousands of women to the fresh taste of Animée.
"The campaign has been planned brilliantly to ensure that we reach the right women, at the right time."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)