Ford turns social to crowdsource mobile-vehicle innovations
Car giant Ford has invited developers, technology 'fans' and other digital experts to submit ideas for new ways whereby vehicles and mobile phones can interact in the future, at Barcelona's Mobile World Congress, which opened today (27 February).
Christof Kellerwessell: Ford executive in YouTube film about interactivity ideas
Ford wants to crowdsource ideas, to be submitted via social media, with Ford asking the question, "What will communications technology in vehicles help us do in the future?"
The most interesting responses will be collated into a "customer vision" for mobile-vehicle interactions, and published via social media storytelling tool Storify.
Twitter users can submit ideas using the #FordMWC hashtag, comments can be left at the bottom of the YouTube film, via personal blogs, or on the brand’s Facebook page.
Paul Mascarenas, chief technical officer and vice-president for Ford in Europe, phrased the question slightly differently –"What will connectivity in vehicles do for you in the future?" – in a YouTube film made to appeal for ideas.
Ford continues to embrace new media, becoming the first brand to join Microsoft's Filmstrip platform in September last year, and marketing director Anthony Ireson is keen to react and interact quickly in response to online consumer interest.
The company extended its 20-year sponsorship of the Champions League in December last year, and became one of the first to advertise in Rupert Murdoch's new Sun on Sunday, which sold three million copies of its launch edition over the weekend.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Lead Business Analyst Hays Information Technology £37500.00 - £40000.00 per annum, Dorset
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...