IPC unveils redesign for music mag Uncut
IPC Inspire's music magazine Uncut is rolling out its new look this week, after a year-long research process.
Uncut: rolls out redesign
The new-look issue, priced at £4.80, includes a major expansion of the reviews section and the introduction of in-depth analysis and detailed information.
The review section boasts a variety of new additions including, how to buy guides, more detailed in-depth analysis and classic interviews from the archives of Melody Maker and NME.
Regular reader favourites, including 'An Audience With', 'My Life in Music', The Making of…', 'Album By Album' and 'Flashback', will all remain part of the editorial mix.
The Uncut website has also been revamped, to provide a cleaner design, improved user experience and more accessible and searchable content throughout.
A new emphasis on blogs and recommendations is aimed at adding further depth to the online experience, and bigger photos, and gallery and video functionality, designed to contribute to a more attractive, striking layout.
The latest Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) audit reported that the magazine had circulation figures of 62,305, which, while having remained reasonably steady over the past few periods, represents a gradual decline from highs five years ago of 91,028.
Allan Jones, editor of Uncut, said: "Uncut readers have a love and hunger for music that matches our own, so it was vital we got their input, first-hand, into what they wanted from their magazine.
"Our conversations with them gave us a lot of invaluable insight, which we've taken and incorporated into this reinvention of the magazine."
Emily Hutchings, publishing director, added that the many months of research undertaken by the team had "delivered an exciting and re-energised magazine that we know readers will love."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...