Daily Diary: Advertising's croaky crooner
What do you get when you cross Pink with Adele? No not Beth Ditto. Advertising's very own Leila Williams of course, who will be showcasing her singing talent to her peers on Thursday at the Best Awards. No pressure.
Leila Williams (not to be confused with the former Miss Great Britain and first female Blue Peter presenter) is currently a communications manager at Sanderson International Marketing, working for founder, Iain Sanderson.
However, after four years of trudging London’s underground music scene, the rising star has finally managed to trade in ROI for a recording contract.
She will be belting out her new single ‘Broken’ with her indie rock brand, ‘Leila Sings’ at the Best Awards, organised by the Marketing Agencies Association.
Another industry talent will also take to the Best Awards stage on Thursday. Former Billington Cartmell copywriter and stand-up comedian, Russell Kane, will host the Awards ceremony held at The Brewery, for the second year running.
You can see this year’s Awards nominations here.
If you have a Daily Diary story please email email@example.com
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...