Virgin Atlantic brings in Mischief to promote Upper Class service
Virgin Atlantic has called in its first ever PR agency, as it looks to drive revenues from its new Upper Class service in the run-up to the Olympics.
Luxury: Virgin Atlantic's new Upper Class bar
Mischief has won a six-month brief to promote Virgin Atlantic’s top-of-the-range service, as the long-haul airline aims to increase its share of the business traveller market.
Virgin Atlantic’s director of corporate comms Greg Dawson told PRWeek Mischief would also focus on making the brand the airline of choice for the London 2012 Games.
The service, which starts in the spring, will feature an upper class cabin with enhanced seats and a futuristic bar.
Virgin Atlantic has piled £100 million worth of investment into its business class product – its biggest investment in more than a decade.
Mischief CEO Mitchell Kaye will lead the account and report into Dawson.
Mischief won the account after a three-stage pitch process after agencies were asked to send in credentials. Ten agencies - a mixture of travel specialists and consumer shops - were shortlisted and five then went through to a pitch process.
Dawson said of the appointment: ‘Mischief showed us great creativity and the ability to work across multiple platforms – which is what we need.
‘It’s the right time for us to drive awareness of this huge investment – the most we’ve invested in a product in a decade - and also we want to continue to learn from agencies like Mischief on the most innovative and creative ways to speak to our consumers.
‘In-house work will be joined-up with Mischief and driven by our international PR manager Joy Doyle.’
Mischief is currently on alert for its account with BAA. The Spanish-owned operator of six British airports is undertaking a multi-million pound comms review.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Account Director Guru Careers £40 - 60k DOE, Based in South West London (SW18) - Commutable from Putney, Central London, The City, Greater London
- Account Manager or Senior Account Manager Source £27000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Account Manager - Full service - B2B Financial Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Website and Ecommerce Manager Amathus Drinks £30k basic and potential O.T.E £45K , Park Royal, NW10