John Lewis embarks on first music festival sponsorship
John Lewis has signed up to be the headline sponsor for the Kew the Music summer concerts, marking the first time the retailer has sponsored a music event.
Kew the Music: secures sponsorship from John Lewis
John Lewis is bolstering its ties to music, which culminated in the release of a charity album last Christmas that featured music from its campaigns by artists including Ellie Goulding, Slow Moving Mille and The Feeling.
Kew The Music will take place between Tuesday 3 and Sunday 8 July at Kew Gardens, West London. Last year the festival was headlined by Jamie Cullum, Blondie, Jools Holland, The Feeling and Bryan Ferry.
The series of summer picnic concerts was previously named Summer Swing but was re-launched last year to embrace a wider variety of music styles.
John Lewis marketing director Craig Inglis said: "The brand has a perfect fit with our target market and the summer concerts partnership builds on our very successful range of Kew Gardens home and garden products."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...