Apple invitation sparks speculation of iPad 3 reveal on 7 March
Apple has whipped Twitter and the blogosphere into a frenzy by sending out invitations to an event in San Francisco on 7 March, which strongly hints at the unveiling of the iPad 3.
Apple: the first iPad, released in 2010
Invitations were distributed prior to Google's Eric Schmidt keynote speech at Barcelona's World Mobile Congress yesterday (Tuesday).
The invitation features what appears to be an iPad screen, with a finger poised above the date 7 March and the words "We have something you really have to see. And touch".
Deliberately vague wording on the invitation has sparked a frenzy of speculation, almost all coming to the conclusion that the iPad 3 will be launched.
Naturally, Twitter was ablaze with the news and the topic swiftly became the top trending topic.
Gizmodo contests that the invitation is the new iPad, "hiding in plain sight", with an obsessive analysis of the spacing of icons, where the wallpaper droplets fall and most importantly the screen resolution on the invitation image.
It concludes the new iPad will have a very high resolution Retina screen (as used on the iPhone 4 and 4S), and may have dispensed with the home button.
Mashable claim to have confirmed the story, despite no attribution, but wonders what the new features might be, and asks readers to speculate.
The Apple rumour mill site 9to5Mac claims the iPad 3 could be incidental to a bigger launch, of a seriously revamped and beefed-up Apple TV service codenamed the J33.
The site also speculates that three separate versions of the iPad 3 could be announced, but don't say what these variations might be.
Techradar has pulled together a series of rumours and tip-offs going back several months to piece together a speculative specification for the iPad 3.
Big tips are an ARM A6 processor, a revamped operating system, known as iOS 5.1 and more battery life.
Finally, the Daily Mail predicts the new iPad will cost around £50 more than the current iPad 2.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...