VW and Microsoft Office 365 sign up for Absolute Radio's InStream advertising
Volkswagen, the car marque, and Microsoft's cloud-based software Office 365 are the first advertisers to use Absolute Radio's targeted InStream advertising.
Absolute Radio: signs up first clients for its targeted advertising service
The radio operator's targeted advertising launched yesterday (28 February) and allows brands to target their radio advertising to listeners who are tuning into the station online by age, gender and geographical region.
The Microsoft Office 365 ad was made by Weborama, with media planning and buying by Universal McCann. The VW ad was made by Tribal DDB, with media planning and buying by MediaCom.
Absolute Radio claims more than 176,000 people have signed up to its Absolute Radio account and, in return for providing Absolute Radio with their details, they receive targeted advertising and special benefits.
James Wigley, director of digital sales at Absolute Radio, said: "InStream is just one of the ways we're setting out to redefine radio by bringing the benefits of the internet to a traditional medium.
"It's hugely exciting to be able to offer a more targeted, creative form of advertising to a loyal listenership, and to have the support of such strong brands that pride themselves on innovation."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London