Havas profits climb 9% to £100m
Havas, the French group behind Euro RSCG and MPG, has unveiled a 9% rise in net income to €120m (£100m) for 2011.
David Jones: group chief executive, Havas
Growth in all regions produced a 5.6% rise in revenues to €1.65bn, with a net new business total of €1.4bn.
David Jones, the group chief executive, said: "It was another strong year for Havas driven by aggressive growth in digital, double digit results in emerging markets and the growth from our major global accounts.
"At the same time, we were successful in reducing costs in 2011 and generated an increase in margins as a result. Our new business performance and pipeline remain solid as we move into 2012."
Organic growth for the year was 5.9%, but was weakest in Europe and was just 2.4% in the UK with revenue for the year of €180m.
It was 6.8% in North America, where revenues came in at €520m, and 16.5% in the rest of the world, with revenues of €261m.
The company listed among its significant new business wins the global digital account for Unilever's Dove deodorant portfolio, Philips media in North and Latin America and parts of Europe, and Euro RSCG London picking up Pernod’s vodka brand portfolio.
Havas also owns creative agencies Arnold and BETC and media agency Arena.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...