Mercedes seeks social media shop
Mercedes-Benz is looking for an agency to handle its social media activity.It has contacted agencies directly, inviting them to compete for the account.
Mercedes-Benz: contacted agencies about social media
Mercedes has told them that it will shortly issue a tender for the business as it looks to build social media activity.
The brand is aiming to reach a younger audience via social apps. Its recent "escape the amp" campaign, through the incumbent ad agency Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, incorporated social activity alongside traditional media.
Other recent social media activity included a platform for van enthusiasts called MyVan and sponsorship of the London Fashion Week, which was promoted via the @MercedesLFW Twitter feed.
A spokeswoman for Mercedes said: "We are reviewing our social media evolvement as part of our overall marketing communications strategy to make the brand more relevant and appealing to a new and younger audience."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer CitNOW £25,000-£35 000pa, Wokingham, Berkshire
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...