Ogilvy to launch behavioural arm
Ogilvy & Mather UK is to launch a behavioural sciences service called #OgilvyChange.
Sutherland: aims to help marketers better understand human behaviour
The new division will work exclusively for the agency's client list, which includes Kraft, Unilever, Ford, IBM and American Express.
#OgilvyChange will encourage clients to use cognitive psychology, social psychology and behavioural economics to manipulate and understand customer behaviour.
Jez Groom, the director of strategy integration, will oversee #OgilvyChange alongside the agency's vice-chairman, Rory Sutherland, who has championed behavioural economics for the past two years.
Sutherland said: "What we are discovering through behavioural economics is that the way people choose and act in 'decisive moments' is affected by forces which often defy logic.
"Marketers have suffered from a blind spot in their understanding of human behaviour. Removing this should improve the predictive and persuasive power of a wide range of marketing activity."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £32000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London