Ogilvy to launch behavioural arm
Ogilvy & Mather UK is to launch a behavioural sciences service called #OgilvyChange.
Sutherland: aims to help marketers better understand human behaviour
The new division will work exclusively for the agency's client list, which includes Kraft, Unilever, Ford, IBM and American Express.
#OgilvyChange will encourage clients to use cognitive psychology, social psychology and behavioural economics to manipulate and understand customer behaviour.
Jez Groom, the director of strategy integration, will oversee #OgilvyChange alongside the agency's vice-chairman, Rory Sutherland, who has championed behavioural economics for the past two years.
Sutherland said: "What we are discovering through behavioural economics is that the way people choose and act in 'decisive moments' is affected by forces which often defy logic.
"Marketers have suffered from a blind spot in their understanding of human behaviour. Removing this should improve the predictive and persuasive power of a wide range of marketing activity."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...