Reality check - January 2012
Our monthly round-up of consumer reaction to TV ads, supplied by Nielsen TV Brand Effect, has a new component this month: measurement of online consumer "buzz". The "most-talked-about ads online" table reveals the ads that generated the most buzz on social media and other online channels during the month.
British Heart Foundation: generated lots of interest online
The percentage figure relates to the proportion of online messages referring to a specific ad, against all discussions about new TV spots in January. Conversations could be negative or positive but, in terms of noise, British Heart Foundation and Weight Watchers were well ahead of the pack.
The Nielsen TV Brand Effect survey measures the percentage of viewers who can recall the storyline of an ad within 24 hours of seeing it. The "most-liked" table measures the percentage of viewers, among those who could recall an ad, who liked it. In January, there seemed to be little correspondence between rates of recall and affection, as not one spot appears in both tables.
Source: Nielsen TV Brand Effect. Only new ads airing 1-31 January. Minimum sample= 150. Online sample= 2,983.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Producer Premier Media Up to £35,000, London
- Producer - Commercial Projects Premier Media Up to £35,000, London
- Quantitative Researchers Lipton Fleming £20000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, London
- Qualitative Researchers Lipton Fleming £20000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits, London