WPP posts 4.6% PR and public affairs like-for-like growth
WPP has reported 2011 PR and public affairs revenues of £886m, up from £845m in the previous year.
Martin Sorrell: record profits
In its 2011 preliminary results, revealed this morning, the world’s largest marketing group recorded a record 2011 pre-tax profits of over £1bn, up over 18% on the previous year.
The results showed that the group headed up by Sir Martin Sorrell had made overall revenues of over £10bn.
The group’s public relations and public affairs businesses had full year growth of 6.2%, with like-for-like revenues up 4.6%. PR and PA operating margins rose by 0.3 margin points to 16.1%.
WPP singled out Ogilvy Public Relations, Cohn & Wolfe and Hering Schuppener in Germany as PR agencies that have done ‘particularly well’. The group also owns RLM Finsbury, Hill + Knowlton and Burson-Marsteller.
The group dubbed its 2011 ‘a record year on virtually whatever measure you care to name’.
However, the statement added: ‘The lack of strong, co-ordinated political leadership around the Eurozone crisis triggered uncertainty amongst both consumers and corporates across the globe and this was reflected in a slowdown in economic activity in most geographic regions and functional sectors.’
WPP, which employs 158,000 people in 107 countries, said it expected revenue to increase in 2012, thanks to the London Olympics, football's European Championships and the US presidential election.
WPP added that worldwide GDP growth for the year was expected to be between 2 to 3%.
The group also reported billings of almost £45bn and an operating margin of 14.3%, equal to its pre-Lehman proformance high.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Insight Executive - Financial Services Company NG Digital Marketing up to £27k, Central London
- Display Account Manager NG Digital Marketing 40k, Central London
- Senior Social Analyst Lipton Fleming £33000.00 per annum, South East England
- Marketing Executive / B2C Marketing Executive Guru Careers £20 - 35k, Based in London (W8) - Commutable from Kensington, Central London, Greater London, The City
- Head of Paid Search / Biddable - Full-Service Agency silverdrum £65,000 - £75,000 + benefits, London