Royal British Legion to revamp communications programme
The Royal British Legion, the charity behind the annual Poppy Appeal, is relaunching its bi-monthly print magazine and developing more digital content to raise awareness of its lesser-known work and services.
The Royal British Legion: Poppy Appeal work
The charity, which provides financial and social support to members of the armed forces, has appointed customer publishing agency John Brown to handle the task.
It wants to showcase its lesser-known work and raise awareness that it spends over £50m a year on a whole range of services and investments, including rehabilitation services and provision for servicemen and their families.
The membership magazine will be made "more accessible and modern" when it is relaunched from the May edition.
Additional content will also be produced in digital form and will be featured in a range of media aimed at a wider audience including supporters and the public.
John Brown will also handle ad sales for the magazine and bring in new brand partners and revenue streams.
Bob Gamble OBE, head of membership at The Royal British Legion, said: "Now is the right time to move forward and we firmly believe the new work will act as a real catalyst in helping to change perceptions, and build even greater knowledge and support for the work we do."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...