Silentnight appoints BJL for consumer and social media brief
Silentnight Beds, the UK's biggest bed manufacturer, has selected BJL to roll out consumer PR and social media activity.
Silentnight: manufactures more than 500,000 beds and mattresses each year
BJL PR is stepping in to plan and implement a PR programme, including press office activity and social media community management, as well as devising large-scale initiatives.
The appointment comes after BJL’s non-PR arm handled a brand positioning and relaunch brief at the end of 2011.
BJL Group account director Rebecca Hardy said: ‘Playing to the strengths of our integrated offering, we have been working closely with the wider agency to bring the PR element of this campaign to life, and are confident our strategy will help to differentiate the brand in a highly competitive marketplace.’
Nick Booth, Silentnight MD, said: ‘BJL PR is the ideal team to work on this brief. We loved the wider agency’s strong overarching campaignable thought, and the PR team demonstrated how this could effectively translate into a measureable consumer and social media campaign which will roll out over the longer term.’
Based in Barnoldswick, Lancashire, Silentnight produces beds, mattresses and headboards. It has been in business for the past 60 years and manufactures more than 500,000 beds and mattresses each year.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex