The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent bring in Ben Todd
Syco Entertainment has raided the Daily Mail for its new UK head of media, who will head up comms for The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent.
The X Factor: Ben Todd is its new UK comms chief (Ken McKay/Rex Features/Talkback)
Senior showbusiness journalist Ben Todd will join Simon Cowell's and Sony Entertainment’s joint venture on 10 April.
He will be in charge of PR and media for Syco’s music and TV assets including The X Factor, Britain’s Got Talent, Red or Black and the recently announced new DJ and cooking programmes.
After two years at the Daily Mail, he will move across the road to Sony – the offices are based opposite each other in London’s Derry Street.
Todd has spent three years at the Sunday Mirror as assistant editor (showbusiness), and as group showbusiness editor at Northern and Shell Media Group, working across the Daily Star and Daily Express.
He is currently nominated for Showbiz Journalist of the Year at The British Press Awards. Between 2007 and 2009 he was editor of men’s weekly lifestyle magazine Zoo.
Todd’s appointment was made by Syco’s COO Charles Garland and global head of media, Ann-Marie Thomson, who is currently based in LA.
Garland said of Todd: ‘He has a great deal of press experience to bring to the Syco team and his appointment is part of the exciting growth plans we have for the company.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Agency Candidates Required Michael Page Digital GBP25000 - GBP50000 per annum, Guildford
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...