The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent bring in Ben Todd
Syco Entertainment has raided the Daily Mail for its new UK head of media, who will head up comms for The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent.
The X Factor: Ben Todd is its new UK comms chief (Ken McKay/Rex Features/Talkback)
Senior showbusiness journalist Ben Todd will join Simon Cowell's and Sony Entertainment’s joint venture on 10 April.
He will be in charge of PR and media for Syco’s music and TV assets including The X Factor, Britain’s Got Talent, Red or Black and the recently announced new DJ and cooking programmes.
After two years at the Daily Mail, he will move across the road to Sony – the offices are based opposite each other in London’s Derry Street.
Todd has spent three years at the Sunday Mirror as assistant editor (showbusiness), and as group showbusiness editor at Northern and Shell Media Group, working across the Daily Star and Daily Express.
He is currently nominated for Showbiz Journalist of the Year at The British Press Awards. Between 2007 and 2009 he was editor of men’s weekly lifestyle magazine Zoo.
Todd’s appointment was made by Syco’s COO Charles Garland and global head of media, Ann-Marie Thomson, who is currently based in LA.
Garland said of Todd: ‘He has a great deal of press experience to bring to the Syco team and his appointment is part of the exciting growth plans we have for the company.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...