Trading places: this week's people moves
James Murdoch resigns his News International executive chairman role and Tesco promotes Carolyn Bradley to group brand director, in Brand Republic's round-up of this week's people moves in advertising, marketing and media.
James Murdoch: resigns as News International executive chairman
18 Feet & Rising has hired the JWT Sydney creative group head, Stephen de Wolf, as a creative director. (Campaign)
Marc Giusti, the group chief digital officer at Leo Burnett, is leaving the agency to pursue an as-yet-undisclosed new venture. (Campaign)
The7stars has partnered with John Ayling & Associates director Richard Cox and planner Deidre MacNair to launch a media and experiential agency, to be called The Village Communications. (Campaign)
Lloyds Banking Group marketer Joe Clift has left the high-street bank after three years with the organisation. (Marketing)
Tesco has appointed David Wood to be its UK marketing director, following the promotion of Carolyn Bradley to group brand director. (Marketing)
MediaCom has promoted former head of TV Phil Hall and MediaCom Beyond Advertising managing partner Kirsti Wenn, to joint heads of investment. (Campaign)
Initiative, the Interpublic media network, has appointed Jim Hytner as its worldwide chief executive. (Media Week)
James Murdoch, deputy chief operating officer of News Corporation, has resigned from the executive chairman role of the group's UK newspaper arm, News International. (Media Week)
David Rey is leaving News International to become managing director of Sky Business, the division tasked with building the broadcaster's links with commercial venues such as pubs, shops and hotels.(Media Week)
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...