VisitScotland looks to stars for £140m Disney boost
VisitScotland is partnering with The Walt Disney Company EMEA to launch a global marketing campaign featuring Billy Connolly, Emma Thompson and Robbie Coltrane, which it hopes will bring £140m of economic benefit to Scotland.
Brave: animated film highlights VisitScotland's tie-up with Disney
VisitScotland and Disney will be promoting 'Brave', an animated film set in the Scottish Highlands, with £7m backing from the tourism body and the Scottish government.
VisitScotland will advertise on television in the US for the first time in over 12 years, with the aim of using Disney's reach to convert cinema-goers into visitors to Scotland.
VisitScotland hopes to bring a return on investment of around £140m. The body claims that on average, for every £1 invested in marketing, Scotland sees a return of £20.
The tie-up was negotiated by Disneymedia+, The Walt Disney Company’s integrated marketing solutions group.
The campaign is currently in development, but promises to showcase Scotland's scenery, humour and culture. It will feature TV and cinema advertising in the UK, Europe and the US, supported through PR, digital and events marketing, including premiers and screenings that will continue until the film's DVD release.
It marks a distinct change in direction from VisitScotland's last marketing campaign in March last year, when the body targeted an adult-only audience through a tie-up with whisky brand Drambuie.
Mike Cantlay, chairman, VisitScotland, said: "This is an incredible opportunity to extend the reach of VisitScotland's marketing activity across the world.
"This film will be shown in more than 70 countries across the world and will give us the opportunity to convert cinema-goers into visitors in the biggest campaign VisitScotland has ever launched."
'Brave' is co-directed by Mark Andrews, who was behind animated films 'Ratatouille' and 'The Incredibles', and Brenda Chapman, who directed 'The Lion King' and 'Prince of Egypt'.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...