NME to launch print edition in India
NME is to launch a monthly print edition in India later this year, its first overseas edition, after IPC Media agreed to license the brand to local publisher Pilot Ventures.
NME: rolls out India website
A local Indian version of the NME website has already gone live.
Like the website, the magazine will contain content tailored to suit the Indian music community and will focus on the vibrant Indian music scene, delivering the latest news, features, profiles and live reviews from the most current acts in the country.
It will also include the usual mix of all the best from the UK and international music scene.
Emily Hutchings, publishing director of NME, said: "NME has a strong presence in India, but with such a vibrant music scene and such passionate music lovers it would be madness not to provide the country with their own edition of the magazine and 24/7 music news online.
"NME in India will be tailored to India's favourite home-grown artists as well as featuring the very best from the UK and beyond. It’s a very exciting time for the NME brand."
IPC claims NME.com has more than four million unique users around the world.
Bianca Hamilton-Foster, IPC international licensing manager, said: "NME India will be a truly multi-platform offering, catering for the needs of the growing number of young professionals with a passion for music."
IPC has already licensed its home interiors magazine Livingetc to a different publisher in India.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...