Domino's readies social media 'reverse auctions'
Domino's Pizza is aiming to drive lunchtime traffic with a "reverse auction" social media campaign, which lowers the price of a large pepperoni pizza as more people tweet about it.
Domino's: runs 'reverse auction' on Twitter
The pizza retailer is starting the auction at 9am today and it runs until 11 am today. Followers on Twitter and Facebook fans can post the message UK – #LetsDoLunch.
Once the auction closes and the price is set, consumers will be able to purchase the pizza from the Domino's website for lunch today.
The campaign by Arena Media is the first of a series, according to Domino's.
Simon Wallis, sales and marketing director at Domino's, said the campaign has been devised to "reward" its approximate 471,000 Facebook fans and its 124,000 Twitter followers.
It recently reported a 14.6% uplift in full-year pre-tax profits to £43.6m, driven by a 43% leap in online sales, aided by low-cost digital marketing.
The campaign is similar to the 'Lucky Counter' Twitter campaign run by Uniqlo in 2010. The Japanese retailer reduced the price of items of clothing when they were tweeted about. It ran while Uniqlo's ecommerce site was down.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...