Domino's readies social media 'reverse auctions'
Domino's Pizza is aiming to drive lunchtime traffic with a "reverse auction" social media campaign, which lowers the price of a large pepperoni pizza as more people tweet about it.
Domino's: runs 'reverse auction' on Twitter
The pizza retailer is starting the auction at 9am today and it runs until 11 am today. Followers on Twitter and Facebook fans can post the message UK – #LetsDoLunch.
Once the auction closes and the price is set, consumers will be able to purchase the pizza from the Domino's website for lunch today.
The campaign by Arena Media is the first of a series, according to Domino's.
Simon Wallis, sales and marketing director at Domino's, said the campaign has been devised to "reward" its approximate 471,000 Facebook fans and its 124,000 Twitter followers.
It recently reported a 14.6% uplift in full-year pre-tax profits to £43.6m, driven by a 43% leap in online sales, aided by low-cost digital marketing.
The campaign is similar to the 'Lucky Counter' Twitter campaign run by Uniqlo in 2010. The Japanese retailer reduced the price of items of clothing when they were tweeted about. It ran while Uniqlo's ecommerce site was down.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...