Daily Diary - What mugs
Last year we bought you news of Cambridge University students Ross Harper and Ed Moyse selling advertising space on their faces.
Ross Harper and Ed Moyse
Well five months on and the 22 year-old graduates from Selqwn College, Cambridge, have proved they are clearly are no mugs when it comes to advertising.
Since setting up the website, buy my face, the duo have caught the attention of advertisers such as Paddy Power and Ernst and Young and so far have managed to raise £31,632. That is well on the way to reaching their £50,000 target in 366 days to pay off their student loan.
After realising their original plan of selling their face space for a £1 a day wasn’t creating the return-on-investment they had hoped for, they have since upped their rates to £400 a day! Their next availability is Saturday 10 March. Now that gives social media a whole new meaning.
If you have a Daily Diary story please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...