Royal Albert Hall appoints Good Relations to refocus on charity work
The Royal Albert Hall has brought in Good Relations to help publicise its charitable efforts.
Royal Albert Hall: wants to promote it’s open to everyone
Good Relations won the 12 month retainer brief worth up to £75,000 to promote the venue, best known for playing host to The Proms.
The win follows a three stage pitch process that initially attracted the interest of 45 agencies, and is the first time a retainer brief has been put out to promote the Hall since 2004.
The team will be reporting to the venue's chief executive Chris Cotton, with an emphasis on promoting it as a charity.
Sean Carrigan, media partnerships executive at the Royal Albert Hall, said: ‘We’re known as a world class events space but not a lot of people know the Royal Albert Hall is a charity with a thriving education department.
‘It’s about showing that the hall is a lot more accessable than it used to be.'
As part of its involvement with the voluntary sector, an education department was created for the Hall in 2003.
Since then, the department team have worked with 150,000 people with projects, tours performances an exhibitions.
Carrigan added: ‘We’re getting more people into the hall and are really pushing education initiatives. We’re proud of The Proms and everything else we do of that nature but we want to show that the Hall is open to everyone.'
In their role, the team at Good Relations are expected to be place an emphasis on social media, with a focus also on third sector press and consumer press.
Leading the programme of profiling, media relations and brand activation will be the agency’s account director Nicola Hamilton.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...