GiffGaff hires former Procter & Gamble marketer Jenkins
Giffgaff, O2's community-led mobile operator, has hired Emma Jenkins, former top digital marketer at Procter & Gamble, as chief marketing officer.
Emma Jenkins: joining GiffGaff
Jenkins had been working as a consultant at Brand Learning for the past two years and founded My Pet is Here, an online pet community business. She worked at P&G for 12 years, most recently as associate director of new marketing models and ecommerce, leaving in May last year.
At GiffGaff, Jenkins replaces Cristel Lee Leed, who left last summer to join Sydney-based consumer rights com-pany Choice as director of marketing and membership.
Jenkins has already started in the role and is understood to report to chief executive Mike Fairman.
GiffGaff, which launched at the end of 2009, aims to maintain a more nimble, ‘start-up’ approach to marketing than other mobile networks, consulting its members on how they would like the business to be run.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...