LG readies £11m investment to revive mobile proposition
LG Electronics is to invest £11m in campaigns intended to create a 'rebirth' of its mobile proposition and give a boost to its TV division ahead of Euro 2012 and the London Olympics.
LG: push behind L-Series and LG Optimus 4X HD smartphones
The brand plans to run a £5m campaign that will push its new L-Series and LG Optimus 4X HD smartphones and a £6m campaign in April for its TVs.
Of the company’s mobile performance, Stephen Gater, consumer electronics marketing director, said: ‘We have struggled in the past couple of years so 2012 is a rebirth of LG Mobile to a certain extent.’
Gater was handed responsibility for mobile marketing in November, after the departure of mobile head of marketing Alex Windle. LG is also looking to hire two mobile marketers to drive the campaign.
Gater joined in 2009 and has helped double LG’s share in the UK TV market, leaving it second only to Samsung.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London