LG readies £11m investment to revive mobile proposition
LG Electronics is to invest £11m in campaigns intended to create a 'rebirth' of its mobile proposition and give a boost to its TV division ahead of Euro 2012 and the London Olympics.
LG: push behind L-Series and LG Optimus 4X HD smartphones
The brand plans to run a £5m campaign that will push its new L-Series and LG Optimus 4X HD smartphones and a £6m campaign in April for its TVs.
Of the company’s mobile performance, Stephen Gater, consumer electronics marketing director, said: ‘We have struggled in the past couple of years so 2012 is a rebirth of LG Mobile to a certain extent.’
Gater was handed responsibility for mobile marketing in November, after the departure of mobile head of marketing Alex Windle. LG is also looking to hire two mobile marketers to drive the campaign.
Gater joined in 2009 and has helped double LG’s share in the UK TV market, leaving it second only to Samsung.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...