Tesco debuts 'Delivery Dash' Facebook game
Tesco is seeking to build brand engagement with customers through the launch of its first Facebook game.
Tesco 'Delivery Dash' Facebook game
The game, by social-media agency Yomego, primarily targets female Tesco shoppers and is based on the theme of making a Tesco delivery.
Players must pack shopping baskets for their friends against the clock. It has several levels increasing in difficulty. The average player is spending 30 minutes a session on the game, which launched last week.
Tesco head of social media David Price said the initiative was launched to enable the retailer to ‘have a conversation with customers’ beyond a more direct ‘selling message’.
He cited recent research, which had found that the average casual social gamers were 41-year-old women, which, he said, ‘sits nicely’ with the demographic of Tesco shoppers.
Asked whether there would be more activity in this vein, Price said: ‘This is a very tentative first step, but we have had a good reaction to it so far.’
Tesco launched a Facebook page in April 2011. Since then it has become the most popular supermarket Facebook page, attracting 600,000 fans.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...