Google partners TalkTalk in largest UK deal since £244m Admeld
Google has struck a deal with TalkTalk to sell its remnant premium display inventory, in the largest deal of this kind by the digital giant since it purchased the publishing platform Admeld for a reported $400m (£244).
TalkTalk: 2011 TV campaign
Although the TalkTalk deal is not in the same ballpark in terms of size as Admeld, it is the first major publishing deal Google has made in the UK since the acquisition closed last year.
As part of the deal, the internet and software company will handle TalkTalk's online campaign management sold as inventory, across the majority of Google's suite of publishing monetisation products.
These include DoubleClick Ad Exchange, DoubleClick for Publishers ad serving solution, AdMeld and Double Click Rich Media’s ad formats.
Google will also handle yield management and premium remnant inventory.
A spokeswoman would not disclose details of the deal, but said it was the largest UK publishing deal it had done since it acquired Admeld, the advertising optimisation platform for publishers, for a reported sum of $400m.
It is understood that Google struck a similar deal in the UK with Gumtree in 2011.
Benjamin Faes, managing director media and platform for Northern Europe at Google, said: "We believe that the seamless integration of all those products will allow TalkTalk to optimize their advertising revenue strategy and maximize the value of each of their impressions."
According to comScore, TalkTalk received 4.5 million unique visitors to all online properties, which include news, entertainment and webmail, for January 2012.
TalkTalk.co.uk had 4.2 million global users and 3.7 million unique visitors in the UK for the same period.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...