Daily Diary - Race to the top
Preparing to race up 1,037 steps of one of London's tallest buildings is no mean feet, as a team from MRM Meteorite recently found out.
A team of eight from MRM Meteorite decided the best way to train for the mammoth task of running up London's famous Gherkin, to raise money for Child Line's 25th Anniversary, was to run up and down the agency's stairs.
The team of digital managers, receptionists and account handlers spent a month running up and down the agency's five flights of stairs, leaving the rest of the employees to use the dodgy lift.
If annoying colleagues wasn't bad enough, the team also took their training to London Bridge Tube station's escalators during rush hour.
Despite evil glares from commuters, the team felt safe in the knowledge that it would be worth the stares for the spectacular views from the top of the Gherkin. So they were left more than a little disappointed when on the day of the event, it rained so hard they were unable to see anything but mist at the top.
However, their hard work and "training" paid off as they raised hundreds of pounds for a worthy cause, with the fastest time coming in at an astonishing seven minutes and five seconds.
If you have a Daily Diary story please email email@example.com
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Midweight Digital Designer - Central London - 40k Red Sofa London £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...