Daily Diary - Race to the top
Preparing to race up 1,037 steps of one of London's tallest buildings is no mean feet, as a team from MRM Meteorite recently found out.
A team of eight from MRM Meteorite decided the best way to train for the mammoth task of running up London's famous Gherkin, to raise money for Child Line's 25th Anniversary, was to run up and down the agency's stairs.
The team of digital managers, receptionists and account handlers spent a month running up and down the agency's five flights of stairs, leaving the rest of the employees to use the dodgy lift.
If annoying colleagues wasn't bad enough, the team also took their training to London Bridge Tube station's escalators during rush hour.
Despite evil glares from commuters, the team felt safe in the knowledge that it would be worth the stares for the spectacular views from the top of the Gherkin. So they were left more than a little disappointed when on the day of the event, it rained so hard they were unable to see anything but mist at the top.
However, their hard work and "training" paid off as they raised hundreds of pounds for a worthy cause, with the fastest time coming in at an astonishing seven minutes and five seconds.
If you have a Daily Diary story please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London