Samsung hires Jamie Oliver as Olympic brand ambassador
Olympic sponsor Samsung has signed up celebrity chef and former Sainsbury's brand ambassador as one of its ambassadors for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Jamie Oliver: secures deal with Samsung
Oliver will feature in advertising and PR activity for Samsung as the brand seeks to encourage participation in its upcoming London 2012 marketing campaign.
Samsung has already signed up David Beckham and Zara Phillips as its Olympic brand ambassadors in order to drive awareness of its digital activity supporting the Olympic Torch Relay and blogger programmes for the Games themselves.
Oliver was brand ambassador for Paralympic Games' sponsor Sainsbury's for 11 years and ended his association with the supermarket in December last year with an ad featuring a montage of the campaigns he was involved in.
Meanwhile, Beckham has partnered with Sainsbury's as part of its Active Kids campaign, in a deal reported to be worth £5m.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Creative Artworker - Reigate ASG £25,000 - £28,000, Reigate
- Senior PR Account Executive / Junior Account Manager AF Selection £20,000 - £23,000, Lincolnshire
- Art Director/Head of Art Dynamic New Alliances £45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, City of London