Hearst hires Lee Wilkinson as digital product director
Hearst Magazines UK has appointed News International's Lee Wilkinson to the newly created role of product director for its digital division.
Lee Wilkinson: product director of NI's digital division
Wilkinson starts his new role on 16 April. He will work with Rebecca Miskin, digital strategy director and James Welsh, founder of Hearst-owned entertainment news website Digital Spy, to define and deliver the digital strategy for the business, focusing on digital growth and innovative product development.
Wilkinson will help the Hearst Magazines UK management team to deliver new digital propositions for the company's 21 magazine websites and digital pureplay brands.
Wilkinson joins Hearst Magazines UK from News International where he has held senior product development roles since 2007 and is currently director of product strategy.
He has extensive experience in online and was involved with the launch of a number of web, tablet and smartphone products including the Times and Sunday Times iPad editions, Times Mobile and thetimes.co.uk.
Before joining News International, Wilkinson was head of B2B product development at FT.com.
Miskin said: "Lee's appointment is a pivotal and transformational moment for the Hearst business.
"Hearst UK's digital offering combines curated content, user-generated, tools and transactions and Lee is a product-led, audience focused, commercial individual."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Brand Manager Better Placed Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits , North London
- Communications Manager, Charity, Stanmore, £30k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: +Great Benefits, Stanmore
- EPIC COMMS PLANNING DIRECTOR POSITION - AUTOMOTIVE Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, London