Hearst hires Lee Wilkinson as digital product director
Hearst Magazines UK has appointed News International's Lee Wilkinson to the newly created role of product director for its digital division.
Lee Wilkinson: product director of NI's digital division
Wilkinson starts his new role on 16 April. He will work with Rebecca Miskin, digital strategy director and James Welsh, founder of Hearst-owned entertainment news website Digital Spy, to define and deliver the digital strategy for the business, focusing on digital growth and innovative product development.
Wilkinson will help the Hearst Magazines UK management team to deliver new digital propositions for the company's 21 magazine websites and digital pureplay brands.
Wilkinson joins Hearst Magazines UK from News International where he has held senior product development roles since 2007 and is currently director of product strategy.
He has extensive experience in online and was involved with the launch of a number of web, tablet and smartphone products including the Times and Sunday Times iPad editions, Times Mobile and thetimes.co.uk.
Before joining News International, Wilkinson was head of B2B product development at FT.com.
Miskin said: "Lee's appointment is a pivotal and transformational moment for the Hearst business.
"Hearst UK's digital offering combines curated content, user-generated, tools and transactions and Lee is a product-led, audience focused, commercial individual."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...