UM London and Mindshare land Royal Mail and Post Office media
UM London and Mindshare have won the respective £5m Royal Mail and £12m Post Office accounts, following a six-month pitch process involving OMD, the incumbent agency on both accounts.
Royal Mail: 'dancing cat' campaign by AMV BBDO
Work is expected to start immediately on the Royal Mail account and will involve various projects across the Royal Mail business including a specific 2012 Olympics stamps brief.
UM London has also been tasked with improving Royal Mail's return on investment across print, TV, radio and digital media.
The agency will work closely with Beta London, which won the creative account for Royal Mail back in June 2011. Beta is responsible for leading the creative and strategic work to help develop brand communication campaigns for Royal Mail.
Mindshare will take charge of the Post Office's £12m account on 2 April.
Andy Jones, chief executive officer for UM London, said: "We look forward to contributing to their business results with our best in class people, thinking, product and measurement tools at what is an incredibly exciting time for the company in 2012."
Ben Rhodes, head of marketing for Royal Mail, said UM London were the clear winners.
He said: "[the team delivered] a top class pitch presentation full of powerful insights, creative thinking and a real understanding of the challenges that face one of the largest and most loved brands in the UK during a time of business transformation."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...