Ian Dowds quits NI after three months in post
Former VP of UK revenue at the ad network Specific Media Ian Dowds has left News International after just three months in post as sales director.
Ian Dowds: leaves News International after three months in post
Paul Hayes, commercial managing director at News International, said: "It is with regret that I have to announce the resignation of Ian Dowds, sales director, News International Commercial.
"Ian has only been with us a short time and I would like to thank him both for his contribution and the honesty of his decision."
Dowds' appointment at NI was part of a wider restructure, with trading director Dominic Carter promoted to commercial director, to be replaced by Matt Shreeve who was to work alongside Dowds.
Dowds declined to comment further when approached by Media Week.
He was previously the vice-president of UK revenue at the ad network Specific Media.
Last Sunday, News International launched a Sunday edition of The Sun, attracting advertising from the likes of British Gas, Morrisons and Three, with proprietor Rupert Murdoch flying over from the US to lead the operation.
Murdoch's son James quit his post as chairman of News International last week, but retained his other key roles within the News Corporation empire.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...