Sony Music launches £10m media review
Sony Music Entertainment is reviewing its £10 million media planning and buying account, currently held by Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Kasabian: Sony Music Entertainment artist
The record label, previously known as Sony BMG Music Entertainment, last held a review in 2005 after its creation from the merger of Sony Music Entertainment with its rival Bertelsmann Music Group.
MG OMD had been the incumbent on the Sony Music business, while Vizeum had previously looked after BMG.
The company is holding chemistry meetings with agencies this week as it looks to draw up a shortlist of three shops ahead of formal pitch presentations. MG OMD is understood to be repitching.
The process is being led by Sony Music Entertainment's media and planning director Charles Wood.
At the time of the merger, Sony BMG created a company with around a quarter of global music sales. Artists on its roster today include Bruce Springsteen, Kasabian, Avril Lavigne and Michael Jackson.
The music industry continues to be a challenging sector amid the long-term impact of digitally distributed music.
Digital music revenues rose 8 per cent in 2011 to £3.3 billion, but the overall market was still in decline, falling to £10.3 billion from £10.6 billion in 2010, continuing a downward trend that began in the late 90s.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...