Interflora targets commuters ahead of Mother's Day
Interflora UK has launched a campaign to promote its mobile ordering service ahead of Mother's Day next Sunday, following its recent appointment of Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Interflora: launches Mother's Day campaign
Interflora and MG OMD have created a series of interactive flower displays for London commuters to promote its mobile website and three hour delivery service.
The experiential builds will include large flower arrangements alongside big canvases with QR codes for commuters to download and experience how easy it is to order flowers through the mobile site.
People are also encouraged to tweet @MercuryMan, Interflora's Messenger God, to explain why their mum deserves a bespoke bouquet worth £1,000.
The displays will be at Euston, Liverpool Street, Paddington and Waterloo from today (8 March) until next Saturday (17 March).
Interflora's Mercury Man will be out and about at the London stations and around the city promoting the giveaway by handing out cards and flowers.
Michael Barringer, marketing director at Interflora, said: "It's great to see Mercury brought to life in the run up to Mother's Day. Mercury Man will be out and about in London this week and then out visiting other parts of the country across 2012.
"With so many special occasions occurring every day of the year, it's fair to say that even after Mother's Day Mercury Man will always be on hand should the great British public need his help."
This experiential activity follows Omnicom media agency MG OMD's recent appointment to Interflora UK's £1m media planning and buying account.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...