Thomas Cook fights back with major 'explore' campaign
Thomas Cook, the beleaguered tour operator, is today (8 March) launching its biggest brand campaign to date, under the strapline "It is a wonderful world. Explore it with us".
Thomas Cook: 'it is a wonderful world' campaign
The campaign encourages consumers to enjoy Thomas Cook's range of holiday destinations at home and abroad.
The TV ad, which breaks tonight, will be supported by radio, retail and digital activity.
Thomas Cook is launching the campaign in spring, instead of the traditional post-Christmas booking period, which runs throughout January.
Phil Aird-Mash, co-chief executive, Thomas Cook, said: "While it is unprecedented for a travel company to embark on such a wide-reaching campaign at this time of year, for us it means we'll really stand out and our voice will be clearly heard."
Thomas Cook's campaign will feature a recording of 'Wonderful World' by Joey Ramone, and marks the 140th anniversary since Mr Thomas Cook, the company’s founder, embarked on a round-the-world tour.
The campaign is supported by Thomas Cook's biggest piece of Facebook activity, which comprises of a competition for consumers to win a £20,000 holiday. Consumers must upload a photo of themselves that portrays an exploring spirit, to the Thomas Cook Facebook page, www.facebook.com/thomascook
Thomas Cook was yesterday (7 March) announced as one of VisitEngland's partners in its £5m domestic tourism campaign.
By way of support, Thomas Cook has launched a promotion around its Premier League Match Breaks holidays, which offers a 20.12% discount.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London