RNIB calls advertising review after splitting with St Luke's
The Royal National Institute of Blind People is reviewing its estimated £1.5 million advertising account.
RNIB: ‘the time is right to move in a new direction’
The charity is looking for an agency through the intermediary Creativebrief.
St Luke's is the incumbent on the account and has worked with RNIB for eight years but is not repitching. The agency won the business from JWT after a five-way pitch.
The review comes as the charity looks to refine its strategy over the next five years. RNIB has previously focused on donors but will look for a new brand message to also target beneficiaries, which significantly contribute to the charity.
Vicki Cookson, the head of marketing and communications at RNIB, said: "Having enjoyed a successful working relationship with St Luke's over the course of the past eight years, we have decided that the time is right to re-evaluate our communications and move in a new direction."
Next week, RNIB is launching a 90-second TV ad that asks viewers to donate £3 per month to enable the charity to support blind and partially sighted people.
Voiced by the Downton Abbey actor Jim Carter, the ad was inspired by a letter from a 12-year-old girl who had lost her sight but continued to attend school.
The letter thanked RNIB for its national Talking Book Service, which allowed her to read with her friends.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Planner Direct Recruitment Up to £50,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...