NEWSPAPER ABCs: Auditor confirms impact of News International's first Sunday Sun
The impact News International's first edition of The Sun had on the Sunday newspaper market has been officially confirmed for the first time today, in ABC figures for February.
The Sun on Sunday: strong start for the new edition
The Sunday Sun sold 3,213,613 copies on its debut, with a cover price of 50p. Its impact on its tabloid rivals, which also ran with a 50p cover price, was immediate.
The Sunday Mirror was down 9.06% month on month to 1,594,293, The People dropped 9.02% to 701,246, and the Daily Star Sunday, fell 7.09% to 599,078.
Elsewhere, The Mail on Sunday was down 2.01% month on month to 1,882,469 and the Sunday Express was down 6.60% to 567,800.
Today’s figure for The Sun is in line with Rupert Murdoch's own estimation of 3.26 million announced in a tweet just one day after the launch issue.
Follow Arif Durrani on Twitter @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...