Prostate Cancer Charity creates deputy comms director post to boost profile
The Prostate Cancer Charity has appointed Vivienne Francis as its first deputy director of comms.
Vivienne Francis: The Prostate Cancer Charity's first deputy director of comms
In an effort to boost the charity’s PR clout, Francis will step up to the post after three-and-a-half years as head of media and PR.
She will have a corporate comms remit, supporting the director of comms Seamus O’Farrell, who was brought in last year as part of an effort to unite PR, marketing and internal comms.
Francis, who joined The Prostate Cancer Charity in 2008 from Sue Ryder, where she was head of PR, will work across a range or projects.
She said: ‘The charity has built media interest in the cause during the past couple of years, which has made a real impact on men and their awareness of the disease.
'This new role, though, will help to integrated more closely with other comms activities to ensure that momentum and interest in the disease is maintained, to further increase our reach, not only to men, but to key decision makers.
‘The comms challenge is huge and though we’ve got a lot of success on the media side of things, we want to carry on pushing the brand and spreading awareness.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...