Prostate Cancer Charity creates deputy comms director post to boost profile
The Prostate Cancer Charity has appointed Vivienne Francis as its first deputy director of comms.
Vivienne Francis: The Prostate Cancer Charity's first deputy director of comms
In an effort to boost the charity’s PR clout, Francis will step up to the post after three-and-a-half years as head of media and PR.
She will have a corporate comms remit, supporting the director of comms Seamus O’Farrell, who was brought in last year as part of an effort to unite PR, marketing and internal comms.
Francis, who joined The Prostate Cancer Charity in 2008 from Sue Ryder, where she was head of PR, will work across a range or projects.
She said: ‘The charity has built media interest in the cause during the past couple of years, which has made a real impact on men and their awareness of the disease.
'This new role, though, will help to integrated more closely with other comms activities to ensure that momentum and interest in the disease is maintained, to further increase our reach, not only to men, but to key decision makers.
‘The comms challenge is huge and though we’ve got a lot of success on the media side of things, we want to carry on pushing the brand and spreading awareness.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London