Yahoo seeks new EMEA chief as Riley moves on
Yahoo's EMEA managing director Rich Riley is to return to the US, sparking a search for a replacement.
Rich Riley: Yahoo's EMEA managing director to return to the US
According to the company, Riley "has taken the decision to transition out of his role" and he and his family will return to the US this summer.
He is working with chief executive Scott Thompson to identify his next role.
Yahoo is now looking internally and externally for a replacement.
Riley, who has been at Yahoo for 14 years, became managing director of Yahoo Europe in early 2009.
The news about Riley comes soon after reports that Scott Thompson is poised to announce a massive restructure, resulting in potentially thousands of job cuts.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Lead Planner Source £60000 - £65000 per annum + full benefits & top career progression , London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...