North Star lands £4m Greene King beers account
Greene King has appointed Edinburgh-based North Star Advertising to handle media planning and buying for its beers and brands division, estimated to be worth £4m in the coming year.
Old Speckled Hen: Greene King beer brand
The agency, which already handles Belhaven Best, will now add Greene King IPA, Old Speckled Hen and Abbot Ale to its roster with immediate effect.
The move comes three months after the appointment of Grey London to handle the creative for all Greene King beer brands.
It is understood that MediaCom was the incumbent agency on the beers account but has retained the Greene King pubs business account.
According to unofficial Nielsen figures Greene King spent closer to £1m on media for its beer portfolio, not including a TV sponsorship for Old Speckled Hen. However, North Star expects spend to total £4m over the 12 months from April.
Dom South, marketing director of Greene King, said, "North Star have a proven track record on Belhaven Best, and I’m sure they will prove as successful for Greene King IPA and Old Speckled Hen as we continue to invest in these brands and their growth.
"Given the plans for the coming year we felt that North Star would provide the kind of all-round media delivery, thinking, flexibility and single-mindedness that would best suit our needs going forward."
Nick Stewart, managing director of North Star, said that the appointment was recognition of the "great work" done by the North Star team with Belhaven Best.
MediaCom was unavailable to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Digital Display Manager - Automotive - £35K Ultimate Asset £32000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £35000 per annum, Borehamwood
- Comms Account Manager -TV and Entertainment - £35K Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London