Ebiquity acquires Fairbrother Lenz Eley for up to £11m
Marketing effectiveness consultancy Ebiquity has agreed to acquire international media auditing company Fairbrother Lenz Eley (FLE) for up to £11m, including an initial sum of £5m.
Fairbrother Lenz Eley: media auditing group is acquired by Ebiquity
The predecessor of FLE, Fairbrother Media Company, was founded in the UK in 1990 by Ian Fairbrother. FLE was created by a merger with German auditors Lenz in 2002.
Ebiquity said Fairbrother would stay on as chief executive of the FLE business.
Ebiquity's total outlay will depend on the performance of the FLE business to the end of this year and it has the option to settle up to 25% of the deferred consideration through its shares.
Ebiquity has agreed a new £30m debt facility with Bank of Ireland and Barclays to refinance existing debt, to fund the acquisition, and to make funds for other potential acquisitions and working capital requirements.
Michael Greenlees, chief executive officer of Ebiquity, said: "Our strategy is to develop the depth of our offering, our geographic reach, and ensure that we continue to keep pace with the increasingly complex global marketing and measurement market, which we estimate to be worth over £800m and growing.
"The acquisition of FLE further strengthens our global reach and we look forward to working with Ian Fairbrother and his team."
Ian Fairbrother declined to comment.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...