Nissan switches ad focus to ‘innovation’
Nissan is moving away from its urban-themed ad campaigns with a fresh pan-European marketing strategy flagging up the car marque’s innovation.
The car marque is introducing the strap-line "Nissan. Innovation that excites", which will debut in a campaign for its Juke model in the UK next month.
The push, created by TBWA\London, TBWA\G1 and \Else, shows a Juke being built in extreme situations.
The TV ad features a driver plummeting from a plane while other sky-divers build the model around him in mid-air.
It marks a shift away from a product-led strategy to a more brand-led approach.
Nissan's advertising section manager for marketing, Timothée Gazeau, told Marketing that Nissan had previously targeted an audience of male first-time buyers for its Juke model.
He said the fresh approach would appeal to more women, who account for about 35% of its buyers.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Digital Media Planner News International Competitive, City of London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...