Shreddies and Cheerios fight croissants in breakfast ads
Nestlé cereal brands Shreddies and Cheerios fight croissants and muffins in a new campaign created by McCann London to educate consumers about the nutritional value of different breakfasts.
Cereal Partners, which makes Nestlé’s cereal brands in the UK, hired McCann London to demonstrate to the public that not all breakfasts are equally nutritious.
An online ad, called "battle of the breakfasts", shows giant bowls of Cheerios, Shreddies and Nesquik fighting against some jam on toast, a croissant and a muffin, while a voiceover describes the action in the style of a sports commentator.
The ad broke this week and is supported by press executions in national newspapers and women's magazines, featuring the same characters. The press ads also directly compare the calorie, sugar, fat, saturated fat and salt content in each breakfast option.
Consumers will also be invited to a dedicated website, www.battleofthebreakfasts.co.uk.
Ronnie Parry, marketing director at Cereal Partners, said: "Breakfast cereals have been a cornerstone of the British breakfast for decades, but sometimes are overlooked in the morning rush, or with the variety of alternatives that are now available.
But the latest Nestlé cereals portfolio advertising campaign may well surprise people, and hopefully encourage consumers to reconsider what they eat for breakfast, and remember why cereals are such a great choice."
Creative directors John Hurst and Sarah Clift worked on the ad, with art director Darran Solan, copywriter Graham Ensor, director Theo Delaney, and with production company Hotspur & Argyll.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- PR SAM-AD Financial Services, £33-35k #PR Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP33000 - GBP55000 per annum, Benefits: benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...