Bacardi films celebrate brand's 150 years
Bacardi has released three short films relating its heritage in the form of a cocktail recipe, as part of its 150th anniversary celebrations.
The trio of 60-second films cover the birth of the Cuba Libre cocktail, the origins of the brand's bat logo, and Bacardi’s invitation in Prohibition-era America to "come to Cuba and bathe in Bacardi rum".
They were created by New York creative agency Johannes Leonardo, which took over the global account from Y&R last year, and were produced by Partizan.
Frank Mertens, global content and communications director for Bacardi rums, said: "Most people have no clue about the richness of the history of Bacardi rum.
"The challenge we face is to tell our stories without giving a history lesson. For that reason, we chose a concept that brings to life our stories in a way that is true to our personality and captures the spirit of the legendary parties we've been hosting for decades."
The films have been seeded locally through digital channels, including Facebook and YouTube.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...