Bacardi films celebrate brand's 150 years
Bacardi has released three short films relating its heritage in the form of a cocktail recipe, as part of its 150th anniversary celebrations.
The trio of 60-second films cover the birth of the Cuba Libre cocktail, the origins of the brand's bat logo, and Bacardi’s invitation in Prohibition-era America to "come to Cuba and bathe in Bacardi rum".
They were created by New York creative agency Johannes Leonardo, which took over the global account from Y&R last year, and were produced by Partizan.
Frank Mertens, global content and communications director for Bacardi rums, said: "Most people have no clue about the richness of the history of Bacardi rum.
"The challenge we face is to tell our stories without giving a history lesson. For that reason, we chose a concept that brings to life our stories in a way that is true to our personality and captures the spirit of the legendary parties we've been hosting for decades."
The films have been seeded locally through digital channels, including Facebook and YouTube.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Creative Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Woburn Sands
- Senior Packaging Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £40000 per annum, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Capability Manager - Kingston Upon Thames Stopgap negotiable, Kingston upon Thames
- Web Trading Manager Stopgap £60000 - £65000 per annum, South East England
- Account Manager Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum + Double OTE, City of London